Shah Rukh Khan, also known as “King Of Bollywood”, has been at the forefront of Indian film and entertainment industry for over 3 decades. The actor started out playing small roles in television series before branching out into film, his first film being Deewana which was a runaway success. While Deewana was his first theatrical release, the first film he apparently starred for was Dil Ashna Hai, where he played more than one long cameo. SRK hit it big in his sophomore year with hit movies like Baazigar and Darr after which nothing stopped the actor.
During his 30-year journey in Bollywood, the actor has broken numerous box office records in addition to wowing audiences with his outstanding performances:
1. Shah Rukh Khan has the most “Bumper” box office openings since the 1990s with up to 16 of them in his 62 films. Securing a bumper opener is the hallmark of a superstar. To put things into perspective, Bollywood’s latest bumper opener returned in 2019 with Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff leading War.
2. Shah Rukh Khan has the most number of “biggest fat of the year” in the world in India with up to 9 of them under his belt. Salman Khan follows suit.
3. Shah Rukh Khan has the highest number of consecutive blockbuster films since the 1990s with up to 12 films earning a hit verdict and more, consecutively.
4. Shah Rukh Khan is the only actor since the 1990s to give 10 consecutive hits with no non-hit films between 2006 and 2014.
5. Shah Rukh Khan has the highest number of foreign blockbusters in India. To put his overseas background into perspective, he has produced more blockbusters than the rest of Bollywood.
6. Shah Rukh Khan is the only actor to give “Highest Grossing of the Year” 5 times worldwide as his film consistently topped the highest grossing list from 2000 to 2004.
seven. Shah Rukh Khan has given away the most consecutive $10 million wins and he is yet to finish as the streak is still ongoing. All of his films from My Name Is Khan to Zero have crossed $10 million overseas. To put that feat into perspective, the last time a Bollywood movie grossed over 10 million was in 2019 (War).
8. Shah Rukh Khan established himself as the highest-grossing actor in a single year since the 1990s with his films selling over 10 million tickets in 1995, a record that still stands. If ticket fares are adjusted to current fares and ticket taxation is taken into account, the gross total can be up to Rs. 3000 cr.
There are many more of the actor’s accomplishments that can be listed, but that’s for another time. We congratulate the actor on his glorious 30 years in the entertainment industry.
Also Read: Shah Rukh Khan Makes a Stylish Don-Themed Entrance at an Event and Looks Dashing in a Black Suit; LOOK