Hi there. It’s me, Debora Whitehead, your Daily host. Let’s start this Sunday off right, with a quick dive into everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Today, we’ll cover these stories and more:
- Smithtown lights the Rose Tree Ceremony.
- license plate readers are being installed on Long Island.
- The American Legion starts Comedy night and more!
But first, today’s weather:
A lot of sun. High: 64, low: 46.
🏡 Attention real estate pros in Smithtown! We are now offering an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for an agent interested in attracting local clients and standing out from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top four stories in Smithtown today:
- Sweetbriar Nature Center: “Every day we come across migrating birds that have collided with windows – many do it like this northern parula, but many others are not so lucky.” (Sweetbriar Nature Center via Facebook)
- SSPJ School: “So much life in a drop of pond water!” (SSPJ School via Facebook)
- Smithtown Department of Public Safety: “The men and women of the Smithtown Public Safety Department send our deepest condolences to the men and women of the Southampton Police Department and to the family of Chief Steven Skrynecki.” (Smithtown Department of Public Safety via Facebook)
- Smithtown Library for Children: “Our young customers learned how to make 3D prints during our All About 3D Printing program held in the Learn Lab.” (Smithtown Library Kids via Instagram)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Other classified ads:
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Sunday on the right foot. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
— Debora WhiteHead
About me: Do you have a story idea? Please contact me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler and nature lover.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Smithtown Daily? Contact me at Smithtown@Patch.com.